When my started my journey in trying to cook more things from scratch, muffins were on the list of items I really wanted to attempt to make. Buying the packets are good in a pinch, but if you have time, throwing the ingredients together and making your own so much more healthier, and better tasting.
This recipe makes roughly two dozen muffins. You can also use the base batter with any frozen fruit you want. It doesn’t have to be blueberries.
• 3 cups of flour
• 4 TSP baking powder
• ½ TSP salt
• 1 cup softened butter
• 1 ¾ cups sugar
• 2 eggs
• 2 TSP vanilla
• 1 ½ cups of milk
• 2 ½ cups frozen blueberries
1) Preheat oven to 350°.
2) Combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3) Cream butter and sugar until well combined. Follow with eggs and vanilla until also well combined.
4) Add butter mixture to sugar mixture and slowly add milk until well combined. It should be a little thick. That’s perfectly fine.
5) Fold in blueberries, or whatever fruit is to your preference. Before adding the batter to the plastic cups that go into your muffin tin, spray the bottoms of them with cooking spray for ease of removal after they’re done baking.
6) Bake at 350° for 17-20 minutes or until done.
7) Let cool for 10-15 minutes before trying to remove muffins from pan.